Thursday, July 3, 2008

SIV Clinic at Lake Isabella


I attended a 3 day SIV clinic (Simulated Incident in Flight) where we put our paragliders to the test by initiating full stalls and spirals with the help of our instructor- ACRO pilot Brad Gunnuscio. Nine participants including myself were asked to simulate high risk maneuvers at 5,000ft above Lake Isabella. The goal was to gain practice handling our paragliders into a safe flying position after each high risk maneuver. During the clinic I learned how to stall and collapse my wing and perform asymmetric spirals pretty successfully. I now feel much more confident about my wing and skills as a pilot.

This was a great clinic- great instruction by Brad, superb tows by Kevin, and the company was the best of its kind. I would recommend it to anyone.










No comments: